Hey friends, we are hosting another intern next semester! This is an amazing opportunity to get hands-on experience working behind-the-scenes of events and learn all the hustle required to become a small business owner. Here is what we are looking for in our next intern:
AVAILABLE. An undergraduate student or college grad who can commit to working approximately 12 hours a week from January to May - about 16 weeks.
LOVES WEDDINGS. We want to work with someone who loves weddings and has some familiarity with events, wedding trends and the event industry.
WORK ETHIC. A solid work ethic is important, as well as being responsible and a self-starter. Also, our intern should love to learn and problem solve independently.
PROFESSIONAL. Understanding the importance of looking, acting and communicating professionally is crucial.
CREATIVE. Bring your ideas and creativity! Huge bonus if you have experience in InDesign and Photoshop.
Here are some of the things you can expect to experience:
• Researching and requesting products for client proposals
• Moving and setup of rental furniture at events (must be able to lift 50 lbs.)
• Assisting in management of client events
• Updating vendor database
• Writing a post on the blog
• Learning the basics of SquareSpace and assisting with website updates
• Attending and networking at industry social events
• Sitting in on and contributing to weekly meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Learning the basics of running a small business and branding
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit. We know this will be a great learning opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the event industry! If chosen for the internship, you will need to work in person at our Green Hills office in Nashville.
Sound like a good fit? Please, fill out this application by Friday, December 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM. Do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit by Monday, December 28th!
We can't wait to hear from you!